Also known as Saint John’s Church, Holy Trinity Romanian Orthodox Church in Philadelphia is one of the oldest churches in the city of "brotherly love". Visitors of the United States’ first capital city who indulge the pleasure of a horse-drawn carriage ride on the streets of Northern Liberties neighborhood, in the old city, would certainly be impressed by the beautiful architecture of a hidden monumental church, located on 222-230 Brown Street: Holy Trinity Romanian Orthodox Church.

This true cathedral church was originally built from 1815 through 1816 for the Protestant Episcopal community in Northern Liberties. Its cornerstone was laid September 18, 1815, and it was completed one year later.